Forcibly confinement of my mother in mental hospital.

My mother had been forcibly confined in a mental hospital . What should I do. All assets are on her name
Asked On : Sun, 4 Jul 2010
Thanks for writing in.
There is a Mental Health Act in place to guide the rights of treatment of mentally ill patient with regulations regarding confinement and treatment details.
I would request you to get a copy of Mental Health Act and discuss it with the hospital authorities with respect to your mother's treatment.
All details regarding the diagnosis, treatment and legal rights of such patients and their caretakers is given.
Hope this helps.
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi Nidhi!
WELCOME TO HCM.i suggest you meet a good lawyer in this regard who can help you how to go ahead in such a case.Take care.