For what purpose norethisterone is given ?

im trying for a baby but one of the clinic gave me norethisterone. what is exactly norethisterone for. im so confuse.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Jun 2011
she must have given you for regularising your cycle.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Norethethisterone is a progesterone hormone. It is given for many indications but in your case it could be because you haven;t had periods for a while. The progesterone helps to re-start your cycles and make them regular you can plan for pregnancy. After your breakthrough bleeding occurs, you can conceive within 2-3 cycles.
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
may be you are having irregular cycles with excessive bleeding when the medicine can be prescribed to regulate bleeding and cycle
consult your gynecologist and get examined and all tests done to evaluate your fertility
your partner should also get a check up and get a semen analysis done and should take medicine if required
continue treatment till you get result