For what purpose mentone syrup during pregnancy has to be taken ?

Hi,my doctor advice me to take mentone syrup daily two spoons.could u please tell me for what purpose she prescribed me that syrup
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Diabetologist 's  Response
Hi Jeyram,

Welcome to Healthcare magic forum,
U have missed ur periods for 12 days may be due to less hemoglobin or severe stress, u had severe pain abdomen to intiate ur periods, since ur urine test and scanning was normal so ur doctor started norethisterone for 5 days, after stopping the tablets bleeding started, its called withdrawl bleeding which happens when u stop the tablet.
There is nothing to worry, its a normal process.

Hope I have answered ur question.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.