For what USG pelvis test is done ?

I was told to do USG Pelvis test?? why is this test required?? I did not got periods last month,I did urine preg test 3 times, 29 jan,4 feb,8 feb all were negative.Doc gave me deviry 10 mg and told to take for 5 days per day 2 pill,she said afte finish of my dosage, with 3/4 days i will get my periods.But she also told me to do USG Pelvis test?? why is this test required?? am i pregnant??? or and major illness???
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

Your history defintely tells us that u might be pregnant but there are various causes for missed period which can only be diagnosed with usg
Have a healthy living