Foot swollen, on birth control, back surgery, suggested it was blood clot. Any treatment?

Hi ! I have a question i went to my pain management dr yesterday and while i was there asked him about my foot .. its has been swollen since Sunday .. He said it may be a blood clot being i am on birth controll and had back surgery (surgery was in April ) ... But I also got a new tattoo on Thursday on the same leg as the swollen foot.. Just wondering if my pain mamagemnt Dr really thought it was blood clot wouldn't he tell me to go to the hospital?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013