Foot injury, crunching sound, mildly swollen bruise, tender to touch, slight pain. Advise?

Hi my name is Ashley. I am afraid I may have hurt my foot. I was standing on tile floor and my cat came running at me and slid into the inside of my ankle causing it to buckle. When my ankle buckled the outer side of my foot made a crunch sound from the impact of the tile floor. It hurt really bad when it happened but stopped hurting so much now but it is still tender to the touch. I am able to walk on my foot just fine with little pain. The only thing that worries me was the crunching sound and immediately after the side of my foot started to bruise. I can't see the bruise anymore because it also swelled up some in that area, not extreme swelling just minor. My question for you would be... Even if the outside of my foot fractured would I have to see a doctor for it? Considering I can walk on my foot and move my toes and everything if I did break off a little piece of the bone would it really be necessary to get treatment for it?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013