Foot injury, bleeding. Used salt water, hydrogen peroxide, discharging pus. Treatment?

I was running a few days ago in a field without any shoes and i stepped on something. My foot was bleeding alot so I soaked it in how salt water and cleaned it as best as i could. I then put hydrogen peroxide on it put a band-aid and went to sleep the next day it started oozing a little bit of yellowish liquid. should i go to the hospital or something else?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Salt water should not be used for cleaning open wounds.Tincture iodine can be used and is advisable.Hydrogen peroxide can be used(with caution).Yellowish discharge means the wound is infected.I suggest to get a tetanus toxoid injection.Remove the bandage & apply betadine ointment and roll a gauze around your wound.Donot wet your foot.If you have fever or if the discharge is more you might require a medical opinion.Hope this helps.Take care.