Foot infection, surgeries done to remove toes. Taking vancomycin, drainage of pus from big toe. History of diabetes. Will further surgery help?

My husband has a foot infection that has led to two surgeries one for the removal of two toes 4&5. The second due to severe infection that is being treated with flagell, vancomycin which we now find out his infection is resistant to vancomycin the dr has removed the big toy and drained much pus . The patient my husband is a diabetic thevdr wants to remove the foot at the ankle and then after remove the leg below the knee what I want to know if there is a chance the foot infection could clear after this new drainage and the antibiotic regime
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012