Foot bitten by bug, red dot, numb, painful,no swelling. Suggestions?

Hello, I just came back from a trip to Tulum, Mexico. On Saturday the 5th I was bitten by an unknown bug on my foot. The bite is a small red dot. The surrounding bite area turned my foot red and dark, but no swelling. At first my foot was very painful and numb. I am back in the states, It is now Tuesday and am just concerned because the bite area is still making my foot painful and feeling numb (but still no swelling) and I have a temperature of about 98.7. Am wondering if this is something that will subside/continue to heal or if I should see a medical expert.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi!
welcome to HCM!
You seem to be bitten by an insect and is likely that you are having an allergic reaction to the insect bite. You may wish to try some antiallergic as cetrizine as needed and apply ice . Most likely, this will get better in a couple of days.
If this continues to spread, then you must consult a doctor and get examined.
hope this will help you!