Food struck in the throat causing intense pain in swallowing, blowing the nose. No relief with else. What could it be?

Hi, a few days ago the back center of my throat (near my tonsil ) felt like there was a piece of food stuck, but it went away. Then last night it felt like there was a piece of food stuck on the left side of my throat and it hurt to swallow, and no amount of coughing got rid of it, so I went to bed hoping it d go away. I woke up and it hurt a lot more, not only when swallowing , and I can t blow my nose because there s too much pain. I took some Advil , but so far it isn t helping. I tried looking in the back of my throat for a tonsil stone , but I don t see anything, and don t know what else it could be. Please help!
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012