Food gets stuck in throat often, come back whitish, smells strange. Digestion problems ?

For a few years now I kept thinking that food was getting stuck in my throat (between my soft palate and the opening to my nasal cavity ....i think). Every now and then a chunk will loosen and fall into my mouth. It is usually whitish and smells strange. I assumed that maybe it was food that is partially digested? More recently, this has been bother me alot more whenveer i swallow and i finally took a took a flashlight and looked in my mouth. I could see a white lump on my left tonsil . I figured this was a chunk of food. I decided to try to scratch the lump with a q-tip and my finger nail. I was able to remove pieces of the white lump with my finger nail. I also noticed that everytime i remove a piece if my finger pressed down on a certain spot more white lumps would come out of hte same spot.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
Hi, I think that you might need evaluation for the cause of such deposits on your tonsil. Kindly consult a ENT especialist , who could evaluate you and do necessary investigations .Hope it helps.