Folvite during TTC advisable?

I need a gyneacologist.I was told to try folvite 5mg for three months as I am ttc .should I take it
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Thanks for using the HCM. I am happy to address your questions, folvite (Folic Acid (Vit B9)-5 mg, supplementation of women during pregnancy could boost the problem solving abilities of the children, as per research. Many studies have shown that women who get 400 micrograms (0.4 milligrams) daily prior to conception and during early pregnancy reduce the risk that their baby will be born with a serious neural tube defect (a birth defect involving incomplete development of the brain and spinal cord) by up to 70%. That's why it's so important for all women of childbearing age to get enough folic acid — not just those who are planning to become pregnant. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks