Welcome & thanks for posting your query to HCM.
First of all I am very empathetic to your mother's condition. As per your problem, your mother is suffering from recurrent folliculitis
. This is a common condition in person having low immunity, as in your mother had been treated for cancer.
Due to cancer itself and the anticancer medicines also it is quite common to find low immunity. This low immunity leads to growth of these bacterias which actually causes inflammation of oil glands and hair roots. This is further aggravated by poor hygiene.
So now you can get that all the things if you can do to improve hygiene as well immunity will lead to betterment of your mother's condition.
Follow the instructions below for improving hygiene:
1. Two time bath, once morning and then evening.
2. Sponging with simple cold
or mild warm water 3-4 times a day.
3. Wearing cotton clothes and cotton undergarments.
4. Staying way from hot and humid environment.
5. No pinching, popping and squeezing of any bump and even no scratching too.
For improving immunity:
-Diet plays most important role in improving immunity.
1. Lot of proteins
in diet by pulses and milk products.
2. Low sugar ( carbohydrate
3. Eat a lot of green leafy vegetables, salads and seasonal fruits in everyday schedule.
4. Keep herself hydrated by at least 10-15 glasses of liquids everyday.
Above and all give continuous feedbacks to her that she is looking better day by day. This positive suggestion method is that one wonderful thing which can do miracles.
Hope these information are helpful.
"With good health wishes and early recovery to your mother"
Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia