Folliculitis. Treatment?

hai sir iam 25 year old . more than 2 year i am facing fullicultis in my body i take so many treatment but there is no deffrent i feel . can you advice where i get good treatment and i can take treatment? thank you
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012

Thanks for your query

Seems like you have developed folliculitis over the body..

Now firstly I would advise you to keep the area clean and dry as much as possible.
Do not apply any kind of moisturizing creams/lotions or oil over the affected area.
Wear cotton undergarments so as to decrease the amount of sweating.
Clean the area with lukewarm water twice a day and apply an antibiotic cream like mupirocin gel over the area twice daily.

If inspite of the above measures, the lesion persists or continues to increase in size, then you might need a course of oral antibiotics along with pain killers.

In that case, I would advise you to visit a dermatologist for proper assessment and treatment.

Hope it helps
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Dr Geetika Paul