Follicles on ovary, given choriomon injection and advised intercourse. What is its function?

hi im 31 years old and yesterday night at 9pm i had an injection with Choriomon. Actually after an endovag. my dr told me that i have a right folicle on the right ovary which was maybe aroun 13mm and on my left ovary a folicle of 22mm . Therefore she concluded as my period is at every 26 days im ovulating between 11-13 days. Then she said she will give me the injection and to have intercourse within 36-40 hours . What i wanted to ask you is , she gave me the injection because something was wrong or just to make sure i will get pregnant. The exam said that im normal and everything it is okay, i was trying to get pregnant since 4 months
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Choriomon is indicated in the treatment of sterility , when there is a deficiency of progesterone. It would induce a delay a delay in the onset of the bleeding, and thus the most favorable conditions for implantation to occur. Thus the advise for intercourse

perhaps ur doctor has assesed you to ascertain the fact that u are deficient in progesterone, Were you also treated with clomid ?