Follicle ruptured after injection. IUI done. Pregnancy failed. Reasons, outcomes, precautions?

Hello doc, I did a follicle study last month where one of the follicles ruptured after an injection to induce it. I was on Clomid and Duphaston that cycle. Unfortunately I got my periods that month and the doctor did another follicle study this month too with the same medications and injection to rupture the follicle. The results revealed that both follicles(18mm;and – 17mm;Endo reaction – 11.5mm) were present and 1 follicle ruptured. the other one not yet ruptured.IUI was done. My questions: 1. What happens beyond this in the cycle? 2. What other problems can there be for me not to conceive even after follicles have ruptured? 3. Does only one follicle fertilize in the end? 4. Does rupture of 2 follicles increase the chances of having twins? 5. Should I follow some precautions to increase the chances of implantation and pregnancy? 6. what happens if the egg that is released does not get fertilised 2nd follicle does not rupture, then when can i expect my periods ? Please help. Thanks, td
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013