Focal fits and temporal horns in brain

Hello Doctor , For the past seven years I was suffering from focal fits and temporal horns in brain with mild dilatation. Now i m taking mazetol 100 mg tablet for 6 years. Past one year i have not taken the tablet, few weeks back i suddenly got fits. I have to continue the tablet fo all my lifetime. Is there any cure for this ? Please advise me im going to be married with in three months.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011
Hello,from what i could gather is that you were prescribed this medicine and without the doctor's knowledge you stopped it abruptly and most probably that was the reason you throwing fits again.See you have to gauge risk to benefit of the medicine taking it for long time.If you are supposed to take it and that too in a particular dose but you are not having it/taking lesser dose of same, in that case there are increased chances of having a fit. So it is always better to abide by what your neurologist has prescibed you and am sure that he will, in time taper off the dose as required.And as regards cure for this, if you take the medicine regularly there are fair chances you getting rid of the ailment for good.