Flutters, long pauses in heartbeat. Tests, scans clear. Family history of heart problems. Suggestions?

I have been having heart flutters almost every day for past eight weeks. Some days I experience them at least 30- 40 times a day. When they happen I sometimes feel momentarily faint and light headed, although I have not fainted. I am only 37. My doctor took blood tests and found no deficiencies or thyroid problems. An ECG was done and showed my heart rate to be 58, but I do not feel fit at all as I do not really exercise much and often get out of breath just walking up the stairs. i feel very tired and low in energy too. My blood pressure was normal as is my weight. My doctor feels I am generally healthy, but noticed abnormalities on ECG report where the hear beats were normal and then there were long pauses for about 3/4 beats, then started normal. She said these long pauses could be why I feel these symptoms. She has referred me to wear a 24 hour heart monitor to check things out. I am concerned because I have family history of heart problems, my grandmother had a pacemaker and my mother has very high blood pressure. Do you have any advice? Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013