Flutters in stomach, no periods. Spotting after stopping birth control shot. Negative pregnancy test. What is this?

i have been feeling flutters in my stomach, like a baby moving. have not had my period since dec 2010 due to being pregnant and then on the shot. ive been off the shot since may 2012 and in aug i started spotting reandomly here and there for a day or two at a time. ive taken pregnancy tests but they were negitive...what is this im feeling? ps i have regular BM and no gas
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Missing periods for three consecutive cycles in a woman who was previously menstruating is called amenorrhea. There are many reasons for this. Most common is hormonal imbalance, prolonged illness, and increased stress. In your case I am suspecting hormonal imbalance as the cause.
I suggest a detailed examination by a gynecologist to rule out causes. I also suggest testing of Thyroid hormone levels.
If hormonal levels are imbalanced it can be very easily treated.
Thanks.