Fluttering heart, mild chest pain, EKG normal. Pain due to pleurisy, would clear up itself. Still paining. Reasons ?

Last month i went to the hospital. My heart was fluttering and i had mild pain in center of chest . they did ekg and blood work. it came back normal then they did a scan on my chest with dye and they said that was normal. He said the pain may be caused by pleurisy . and he gave me pain pills and told me to follow up with my family doc. Family doc said the pleurisy would clear up on it s own without extra meds. problem is my heart is still fluttering. sometimes i can go days without it doing it but today i went to the store and after walking across the parking lot my heart was really fluttering. it did it off and on the whole time i was shopping. no pain just fluttering. Very unsettling feeling. What could be causing it? i ve cut the coffee down to a cup in the morning is that still to much? Do i need to cut it out completely? I also quit smoking a year ago and now i m trying to get off the nicotine lozenges. could that also be causing the flutters?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013