Flutter feeling in chest near heart.

About a month ago, my husband came down with the flu. He was sick for a few days. He still isnt completely healed. He wakes up in the morning gagging and coughing. I guess it is his sinuses draining. He told me a couple of days ago, that he was having a funny feeling in his chest, like a fluttery feeling kinda beneath his heart. It doesnt hurt. He says it has been going on for about a week. He says it is not constant, just after he eats and when he lies down. I made him go to the convenient care yesterday and they said he needed to go in to have a checkup done. He has an appt tomorrow afternoon. Does anyone know what this could be or has anyone ever experienced this. He is 45 years old. I know we will hopefully get some answers tomorrow, but the waiting is killing me.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
He needs to have an EKG. It sounds like he's having a rhythm problem, but I'm not a doc, so don't take my word for it. I've had arrhythmias for 17 years and that fluttering is what I feel when I am in atrial fib or atrial flutter. It sounds like he is having a vagal trigger response. It happens after a big meal or lays down. I get it when I lay on my left side. Just so you know, the atrial arrhythmias are more annoying than dangerous. I know that anything involving the heart can be scary, but since he'll be getting checked tomorrow - try not to worry.