Fluid, pressure in ears due to flying. On nasal spray to pop ears. Will amoxicillin help?

last week I just came from a plane ride and ever since three days after that plane ride, I had some pressure in my left ear.. wasn t so painful, but so quite uncomfortable..I went to the doctor the nest day and she looked in my ear and told me that I had some fluid in my ear from the plane ride..She told me to get nasal spray and to spray it up my nose to pop my ears.. she said if that didn t work to go on an antibiotic called Amoxicillin . .. I am taking this pill now and today is my third day I am taking you know if this pill can help with this kind of issue? Do you know how long this pill can take to kick in? Also if the pressure or the liquid in my ear won t go away, do you know what else the doctor will tell me to do? Sorry this never happend to me before and I just want to know.. people say also that I could wait it out so it can drain by its self..please help? Thanlk you :)
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012