Fluid pocket inside an eyeball causing brown circle and blurred vision, difficulty in distinguishing colors. Causes?

I was told that today that I have a fluid pocket inside of my eyeball which is causing a brown circle in my vision , like I looked at the sun too long with my vision in that eye. Also it s causing my vision to be a little blurry. I am having a hard time with colors and focusing because it dulls out what I am trying to look at. I am going to see an eye specialist on nov 1, but I really want to know what causes this or can this cause damage to my eye?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012