Fluid like lump behind neck, near ears, movable on pressing. Causes and treatment?

I was wondering. I have some weird fluid like lump behind my neck . The bump is about about the size of a 50 cent piece. and is about 4 inches below my ear. It pops when I press on it in a left to right motion or up or down motion. When it pops I ll sometimes get a weird salivia taste which follows the popping. What could this be and do I need to worry about it
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to health care magic,

You seem to have a salivary gland swelling as described by your symptoms. you need to do these:
-do not press on the lump
-take a course of antibiotic like amox-clav in consultation with your doctor as most of these lumps are secondary to infection
-take lots of water and hydrate yourself properly
-if the lump persists then take an FNAC along with CT of the lump and get back to me or any ENT with the report

hope this helps

Dr Sriram nathan