Fluid in lungs and abdomen, congested liver. Breathlessness. Any feedback?

My Dad who is 82 years old went to the hospital because his tests showed that he had fluids in his lungs and his abdomen , his liver was congested and the walls of his gall bladder were thick. the doctors at the hospital identified that this was caused by some heart related incident and on doing an echo said that his heart was pumping at 20% only. however, they were amazed that he was walking about on his own, etc though he seems to have slight breathlessness once in a while. Any suggestion or feedback for on his condition and what I should be asking the hospital/ doctors?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012