Fluid filled blister on leg above ankle. Can it be infected? Diabetic, related?

last night as i went to bed i notced a largewater blister on my left leg above my ankle.its about 3 inches wide painless the skin over it is loose and there is a watery fluid insid and its leaking out slightly. it doesnt look infected.i placed a gauze square over it and taped it down. i also used antibiotic ointment on the pad.i am diabetic and have some circulatory problem. how should i treat it what are the conditios for your advice YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012