Fluid discharge from ear in cold or water, taking antibiotic tablets, pain increased. Medicine and cure?

I have got small hole in right ear. When I was swimming in river, I got this problems 5 years back. When ever I got cold or water goes in side ear, this ear will discharge some kind of fluid . I went to doctor, I was informed that I should go for minor operation to patch up that hole. Otherwise It will happen every time. I got this kind of Infection 3 times only for fast five year after that Swimming incident. Now the doctor prescribed me some Antibiotic tablets to cure Ear Inspection. I have been using this dosage for three days. But suddenly now ear pain is increased. Because of that Jaw pain also there. Can you please suggest me any pain relief tablet for now. And also if you advise me about my ear hole and curing methods (is there any way to get cure my ear hold by using only medicine rather than operation)
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012