Fluid discharge from behind the earlobe. Fungal infection? Not responding to anti-fungal cream

For more than a year I have had a clear fluid that seeps out from behind my earlobe it dries and turns into a flaky white crust that looks like dead skin but I know it is not because I found the clear fluid seeping out many times. Daily I wash the skin clean behind the ear removing all the dry flaking and by night it is back again. My PCP told me it was most likely a fungus and I have used anti fungal cream sometimes for weeks at a time with very little improvement. Just yesterday the fluid was running down the side of my face. Any idea what is causing this?
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012