Fluid build up everywhere under skin, itching. Luke-warm showers help. Is it dry skin problem ?

Hi for the past 5 years I have had fluid build up everywhere under my skin. This causes itching all over my body. Usually the build up is not extreme however when I first got the condition for about a week my body was very swollen, my hands lips and feet like balloons and the itching was extreme. From there the swelling and itch subsided but the current state is still very constant and uncomfortable for me. Saw a dermatologist who advised luke-warm showers with non soap cleanser and moisturise afterwards. This did little to help. Could this be just a case of dry skin and I need to be more patient and consistent with moisturising? Any advise would be much appreciatied. Thankyou in advance.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012