Fluctuating high BP, occasional dizziness and tiredness. Advised amlodopine, ca ch blocker. Right medicine?

i have high-ish blood pressure , varying from 180/90 to 120/75, which changes continually. The specialist wants to put me on amlodipine , ca ch blocker, but i understand that it lowers one s heart rate . My pulse rate at rest is 52 . With my 24hr blood pressure test my average reading was 155/85 and pulse lowest 48. i am worried that my pulse will go too low and I might pass out, sometimes i am very dizzy and tired.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013