Fluctuating blood sugar levels. Normal lipid profile and ultrasound. Family history of diabetes. Weight loss, loose stools

I am having fluctuating blood sugar levels from 72 to 300. normally it is well within range. My lipid profile is also normal. I also got tested for serum amlase & lipase , they too are OK. Ultrasound also revealed nothing, like gall stones or any other abnormalty. my father was a diabitic. I am 47 yr old and weigh 98 kg. my height is 188 cm and chest measures 105cm. i am obese in midsection (115cm). I was in active sports say 7 years back. Now living a sedentary life style. i lost weight abt 8 kg in dec 2011 in 15-20 days bt again recovered all the lost weight. i have controlled intake of sugar but not taking medicine. this phenomenon occures(fluctuating blood sugar) once in 2-3 months. shall i take medicine? i was suffering from loose motion also but improved after taking homeopath as alloathic medicines prescribed by MD doctor did not releived me even after taking medicine for full two months.
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012