Fluctuating blood pressure, stressed. How long after severe stress will blood pressure decrease?

The past week has been extremely difficult and I am suffereing with a great deal of stress . I am a 43 year old female. I have been checking my blood pressure because I just have not been feeling quite right. It has been fluctuating between 145/95 to 160/110. My blood pressure has always been within the normal range at about 115/70. I am working through the stressful situation and feeling a little better. How long after severe stress might you see blood pressure decreasing?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012