Fluctuating blood pressure, possible hole in the heart, migraine, light headedness, thyroid. Treatment for hole?<br>,

My blood pressure when I was laying down is 120/60 then when i sat up it dropped to 99/58 then when i stood it dropped to 98/58. they are looking into a possible hole in my heart, but i am 33 years old. wouldn t i have found this before? I get migraines with vision changes in the last few years and frequent light headedness. i am on thyroid medication but still seem to be tired and cold some days. If there is a hole in my heart, what do i need to do to fix it?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Welcome to HCM
The Changes in your blood pressure redings are significant and is called postural hypotension or orthostatic hypotension,it should be investigated for cause and lightheadedness could be because of this.

To know any such defect in the heart one should get Echocardiography along with color doppler study of heart, after knowing exactly what kind of defect is there in heart treatment can be planned.

Continue to take your thyroid medicine and let us wait for the test result before any thing can be decided.
Good Luck to You