Fluctuating blood pressure levels. High cholesterol levels. Will it get better with diet and lifestyle changes?

Hi, I am 44 years old, female. I had been feeling unwell for the last month. My BP measured high a number of times, 160/90, 160/100 and today 3 times 130/100. (earlier I had normal BP) They did several tests today and found that my cholesterol is above normal. I got medication prescribed for it and also for my blood pressure . Also some lifestyle changes suggested. Does it mean I will have to take medication from here on or it s possible to get better with diet and lifestyle changes? The last couple of months had been very stressfull. Is it possible that my BP will be OK if I don t stress? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013