Fluctuating BP, headaches. Taking aspirin, atenolol, diovan. Okay to continue medication if stopped for some time?

Due to a lifestyle change my blood pressure dropped to normal 100/70. Actually it was a bit too low for my history. Now stress is coming back and pressure is a constant 156/106 or above. I have gone to er and they said this isn t high. Cardiologist said I can go back to taking Diovan 320mg in the day as before life change, continue 81 mg Aspirin and 50 mg Atenolol @ night. I didn t want to go back to my past history of 5 blood pressure meds. Plus, I have no insurance anymore. I can t afford to see a Dr. to obtain presripction for free Diovan. Question: Is it ok to take 320 mg Diovan even if I haven t taken it for 3 months? I thought meds were to be increased gradually. I also have my other previous pills of Nisoldipine (Sular) 20gm and 40mg and chlorthalidone ( diuretic ) 20 mg. In desperation I took a 20mg Nisoldipine yesterday. Of course, meds take time to work if pressure is out of control. I am concerned because I have a low grade headache @ back of head and sometimes the top for past 3 days. Dr. told me a month ago to check pressure if feeling weak or get a headache.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012