Flu with ear and throat infection, sneezing, coughing, complains of body aches. Is this normal ?

My son got the flu a couple days ago and he had a fever so I took him to the hospital and they gave him medication. They told me he had an ear and throat infection. When I took him he was coughing, had a fever, sneezing , congested, and was complaining about body aches. My concern is that yesterday when he was walking he did it kind of funny and I asked him what was wrong and he said his legs and feet hurt. Is this normal or is it something I should be concerned about?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013