Flu, virus and palpitations increasing. Have a cpap machine for sleep apnea. Stroke or heart issue likely?

Hi, I am just recovering from a flu virus and seem to behaving more palpatations that I usually get. To put you in the picture I have been diagnosed with an extra beat. I ve had all the tests i.e. hoilter monitor, ECG , ultra sound scan and nuclear test - in the last year. Nothing untoward has come up and I am told that my palpatations are benign and if they cause me any concern then I can take beta blockers. I am 55 year old female and do not smoke . I drink decaffinated tea when I am at home, but otherwise I drink caffinated tea and coffee at work. I currently take simstavastin, candesartan and fluoxeten. Occasionally I take omoprazole for acid reflux . I also have a cpap machine for mild to moderate sleep apnea . My family history is one of stokes and heart attacks - hence the amount of tests I have head and the medication I am on - I think probably more prevention than cure. I would appreciate your response. Helen
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012