Flu, shaking uncontrollably, coughing. History of heart failure, COPD, heart attack. Treatment?

My 68 yr old husband has COPD , asbestos in lungs, congestive heart failure , had heart attack 2002 and has been sick like the flu for three days. He is stubborn, so I m asking you this. Why would he start shaking uncontrollably, though he says he is not cold? He coughs alot and has been having alot of trouble breathing. I think his lungs are filling up again, as this has happened at least 2 times a year since heart attack.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012