Flu like symptoms, tiredness, sore throat, rashes, dull ache in thighs post unprotected anal sex. STI and HIV tests negative. Safe?

Hello, I had unprotected anal sex, (top) 4 days later I had flu like symptoms. I was tired and needed sleep, my legs ached, I had a severe sore throat and a rash appeared on my chest . I went to my local doctor and was told it was bacterial tonsillitis and given antibiotics . My rash lasted between 1-2 days. After 3 days of antibiotics my sore throat went and so did the achy feeling. After 2 weeks I started getting a dull ache in both my thighs, and have had this for 3 weeks. 24 days after the initial unprotected anal sex I was screened for STI s and hiv, the result came back negative. My questions are, Shall I still be concerned? Do the symptoms I had sound like the hiv early symptoms? or was my doctor right about tonsillitis? if they are the symptoms of hiv, coming out at day 4, is this unusual? also did they disappear way to quickly ? I know experts say 28 days after exposure is best for a hiv test , in a rough percentage terms, how accurate is a test after 24 days after exposure? if I should get re-tested how long should I wait after exposure. Many thanks Steve
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012