Flu, large red spots on body parts. Is it part of flu due to fever?

I have been having what I think is the flu for 8 days now. I have started breaking out with large red spots. They are on my head, on my legs, one on my eye lid. They do not itch but are sore to touch. Do you think they are part of the flu caused from having a fever perhaps or do I have something other than the flu. My symptoms have been chills, fever, sweating, body aches, loss of appetite at times but no vomiting , fatigue . I am a healthy female, 58 years old.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013