Flu, headaches, sore throat, huge lump in adams apple, stopped smoking. Causes for lump formation?

Hi I recently came down with the flu... fever body aches, congestion headachs, sore throat , and due to this it has caused me to basically stop smoking it has been 8 days and I have only smoked 2 times...however my sore throat feels like it is getting worse...its like a huge lump in my throat near my adams apple I think it hurts sooo bad and I have a constant headach it wont go away I am not sure if this is due to the not smoking or if it is still from my flu?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013