Flu, cough, pain under rib cage, might be a pulled muscle. Would tensor bandage help?

i visited my family doctor a few days ago, i just got over the flu and a violent cough , i ve been having pains in my side under my rib cage, which seems to be worsening every time i cough, he gave me 2 puffers, and said that i may have pulled or stretched out a muscle. but it seems more sore each day since. would wrapping a tensor bandage around my rib cage to restrict movement when i cough be good or bad for the healing process?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013