Flu and pressure in ear. MRI showed fluid throughout the right mastoid air cell. Is it Cholesteatoma?

I had an MRI which showed fluid throughout the right mastoid air cells. My doctor wants to me to have a CT scan now to check for a cholesteatoma (sp). Do you think this is necessary. This all started when I went to a ENT after I had the flu and the pressure wouldn t leave my ear. After performing a hearing test the doctor thought the hearing loss in my right ear was very different the left ear so he asked for the MRI.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013