Floaters in front of eye on light bang on head, coughing, sneezing or light jolt to the body. Is this normal?

I often see stars after a light bump to the head (e.g. heading a soccer ball, diving into water, etc.), coughing, sneezing or a light jolt to the body. Is this a normal occurrence? After reviewing research on the internet, my assumption is that this is caused by the vitreous pulling on the retina . I want to ensure that this is not being caused by damage to the eye and/or the brain (ie. concussion ). Note that I do not experience any concussion like symptoms. Thank you for your help - I m looking forward to hearing your response.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012