Flickering of lips that lasts for few seconds. What is the cause and remedy?

hello dr, i would like to know whts the reason behind the flickering of lips as it happens to my husband and it continues for few seconds so plz would like to know what are the remedies n reason behind that thank u if u help me out to solve the query n would also like to know is it related with some heart problem or something serious.
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Welcome to HCM!

On reading your question I feel that you should meet a doctor in person and get your husband examined.

had I been treating him I would check his blood pressure , may need an ECG, routine blood tests. You have not mentioned if your husband is aware of this symptoms himself while having it or not? but still I think it wil be wise to get a CAT scan head done to check if everything is right in brain.

The symptom you have described can be in case of high blood pressure or may be due to some kind of minor seizure like activity in brain....One can be sure of anything only after examining him and getting some investigations.

I will suggest you that you should not ignore it. It doesn't appear to be dangerous at present, so please do. it panic but certainly warrants investigation.

Hope you find the reply helpful
feel free to ask more queries
Dr. Manisha Gopal