Fleshy lump on anus, no pain or itching but discomfort, no improvement with changes in diet. What can be done?

Hi. I m pretty sure I have hemorrhoids , as I ve recently (almost two weeks ago) noticed a fleshy lump on my anus while in the shower. I do occasionally strain, so I assume this to be the problem. It doesn t really hurt or itch , but it does feel slightly uncomfortable in some way. Maybe just because I know the lump is there (there may be two). I ve started eating a lot of fruit and vegetables and taking Citrucel, as well as using Tucks wipes and sometimes Preparation H . It doesn t seem to be improving, though. The past couple days I ve had slight constipation (small, hard stool), though today was a bit better. However, the whole general area feels slightly sore (kind of like it s bruised) now. What s wrong with me (haha) and what can I do? It has been almost two weeks. Do I just continue trying to improve my diet and wait? Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012