Fleshy growth beside two big toes nail, advised to remove the nail. Is there any other alternative ?

I have fleshy growth beside my two big toes nail, i took some prescription and the growth was dissolving but i could not continue because i was breast feeding my baby hoping to continue but incidentally become pregnant. My doctor said the nail have to be removed. Please advise me on how best to go about this as i don't want my nails removed.
And if that is the only option what are the side effect and challenges i may likely face.

Kind Regards
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013