Fleshy bump on uvula, no feel when swallowing. Is it a swollen vein?

i ve had this fleshy flaring bump on my uvula that has come and went for many, many years now, but its the same one that keeps flaring up again. it can take up to a half hour, to a few hours to go away what on earth is it? i can feel it when i swallow , and can definitely toy with it using my tongue . its a little harder than the soft uvula so it stands out, but by no means is it rock solid. something must be triggering it. regardless, is it a swollen vein? i tried to get the sheen of the roundness of it from the light. the image illustrates this quite well. id like to get close and show you the detail (of an arteriole/venule bulging out from the pressure of the protrusion such that it s a noticeable red line.) but poor camera quality doesn t allow.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012