Flesh colored hard trail behind toes, itchy. What was the bump?

I have this flesh colored hard trail (one trail) that started behind my toe & was very itchy. It started off as a bump behind my 4th toe & started to spread to the pad of my foot . I also had a dark line appear on the pad, which hurt. I dug out a hardened line of skin & it stopped spreading on the pad but moved to the top of my foot. When it spreads it starts off hard & itchy then adds to the trail, It itches very bad. I cannot get it to stop with neosporin (in case it was impetigo ) or Tinactin . I think my 13 year old might be coming down with the same thing on the same toe, we are the only 2 in the home to show symptoms, we don t share a bathroom, socks or shoes.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012