Flat, red rash on left forearm, prickly and achy. What could be it?

On two seperate occasions in the last 4-6 weeks I have had what I can only describe as an flat, red rash appear on my left forearm (in the morning after I've slept) that looks like a burn/love bite/bruise. It's approx' 8 inches long and about 2 inches wide and at the top looks like a spike. It looks like tiny red pin pricks and was lighter in colour this time but a bright red before. The last one went away within about 4-5 days but I feel alright within myself. I went to the doctor the first time who was baffled, I mentioned blood disorders such as leaukemia which he dismissed saying he'd never seen that with that. My arm feels slightly prickly and achey? I often sleep on my arm and did wake up with numbness due to laying on it last night. I am very worried for fear it is serious.
Please help, thanks in advance!
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013